This custom-built cedar log cabin is settled into a private, wooded lot on the banks of the Sturgeon River, within walking distance to the Rails-to-Trails nature trails system for hiking, snowmobiling, mountain biking, etc. A Northwoods-style vacation rental with oak hardwood flooring, terra cotta tile and custom-designed cabinetry, this heart-crafted vacation home is perfect for large-group and family gatherings. Dining together is made easy with new, high-end stainless steel appliances and a designer chef’s kitchen. Down-time is comfy in front of a 46-inch flat screen television and surround-sound speaker system. And, the cabin-feel and beautiful natural surroundings are exhibited to their fullest advantage by large windows from the upper level looking out over the beautiful Sturgeon River - an iconic Northern Michigan Blue Ribbon Trout Stream ideal for fly fishing, kayaking, canoeing, rafting and tubing.
Sleeping Arrangements: This roomy cabin features guests sleeping quarters in the form of four private bedrooms and a loft. Three of the bedrooms (one on each level) are equipped with one queen-sized bed each, while a fourth bedroom on the upper level is furnished by bunk beds with one twin-sized bed lofted over one full-sized bed. The loft also features bunked beds, with two twin-sized mattresses. In addition, the living area has a very nice new log couch that folds out to bed/futon very extra sleeping if needed.
This upscale log cabin is equipped with a large yard that slopes gently down to the water’s edge. The cabin’s dining area opens up to an outdoor deck with an umbrella-covered table and chairs and a gas grill, while a gorgeous custom-built paver patio and stone fire pit — complete with outdoor lounge seating — sits overlooking the river. A small lawn introduces the front of the house, and a driveway and vacant lot provide ample space for vehicles, trailers (non-campers) and boats.
Sidell’s Sturgeon River Log Cabin is located near some of northern Michigan’s best fishing, boating, golfing, skiing and hiking, biking, ORV and snowmobile trails. Hit the slopes at Boyne Highlands, Boyne Mountain, or Nubs Nob in the winter, or bask on the sand at Devoe Beach on Burt Lake in the summer only two miles from the front door. Visitors to Indian River have no shortage of outdoor activities, including kayak, canoe, tube, pontoon boat, jet ski and snowmobile rentals, upland bird and big game hunting, hiking the thousands of acres of State of Michigan forestland, and playing some of the nation's finest public golf courses as well miniature golf just a couple miles from the cabin at Big Bear Adventures. In addition, all of the Mackinaw City and Mackinaw Island activities are only a 25-30 minute drive away!
The Sturgeon River is the quintessential blue-ribbon trout stream, and the area is also home to the infamous Inland Waterways composing of Burt, Mullet, and Crooked Lakes as well as the Crooked, Indian, and Cheboygan Rivers. These waters are crystal clear and make for perfect swimming and boating experiences. The quaint small towns and villages of Indian River, Alanson, Petoskey, Harbor Springs, Bay Harbor, Gaylord and Cheboygan within five to 30 minutes of the cabin offer cinemas, festivals, unique restaurants, wineries, shopping and live theater!
$400 - $450 per night
$2800 - $3150 per week
$3640 - $4095 per week
The base rental rate is $400 /night, with a 2-night minimum stay. Base rate includes parties of up to 10 people. Each additional guest will add $25 /night.
A refundable security deposit of $500 is required for all reservations. A tax of 6 percent will be added to all rentals. Additional fees include $200 /stay for cleaning and maintenance, $10 for trash removal, $25 for summer lawn care/winter snow removal, and $100 per pet up to two pets.
1. Once again, a terrific vacation at Sidell's log cabin! Cabin was immaculate as always. So much room for our group to spread out and relax. A very picturesque location on the Sturgeon River. The kitchen is well stocked with just about anything needed to create your meals. The large island in the kitchen is perfect for meal prep and to present buffet-style dining for larger groups. August 2016
2. Stayed here with my family, 13 of us. Plenty of room for all. Clean. Loved the sauna! Took the kayaks out for a beautiful winter ride down the Sturgeon:) Enjoyed warming up at the bonfire and listening to the river:) perfect location right next to the trailhead to take the snowmobiles out. Friendly owners, easy to work with. We will definitely be coming here again! January 2016
3. We love Sidell's cabin! Our family previously rent this cabin in the summer season. This time we had a chance enjoy winter staying in Michigan during our New Year vacation. Cabin is perfect for a big family. Very clean and nice designed home. Kitchen well stocked with pans, plates, cooking utensils etc. Well stocked with bedding, towels, blankets, pillows etc. Nubs Nob Ski Resort is 20 miles and snowmobiles renting 1 mile away. It was nice to come back to the warm and cozy house after skiing, fishing, sledding and snowmobiling. The sauna helped to restore after winter's entertainment. December 2015
4. Loved it , stunning beautiful spot in God’s country. Cabin had everything we needed. 9 of us slept comfortably and the location was perfect for enjoying the outdoors. Would highly recommend. Enjoyed a campfire, snowmobiling, snowball fights and games, and sauna. Just wonderful. Dec 27, 2018
5. Sidell's Sturgeon River Log Cabin was perfect for the holidays! It fit our group of 8 very comfortably and it was even decorated festive for Christmas during our visit. We loved the bonfire pit right by the riverside. The views were so beautiful and really helped us relax and enjoy each others company. Doug was very responsive and easy to contact if I needed anything. This cabin is so cozy and we would HIGHLY RECOMMEND! Thanks Doug! December 22, 2018
6.Outstanding property and terrific location! Once again a terrific vacation at Sidell's log cabin! Cabin was immaculate as always. So much room for our group to spread out and relax. A very picturesque location on the Sturgeon River. The kitchen is well stocked with just about anything needed to create your meals. The large island in the kitchen is perfect for meal prep and to present buffet-style dining for larger groups. 3 full bathrooms, shower/bath combos in all, with plenty of thick towels for a crowd. Very comfortable beds, even the bunks, in every bedroom and in the loft area. The enormous deck facing the river and the fire pit down at the river were put to use every day/night. The location of the this cabin makes it perfect for day trips to not only Indian River but to other of the many quaint towns in the area. There's a terrific grocery store approx. 2 miles down the road so no need to haul a bunch of food from home. We hadn't stayed at Doug's cabin for a few years due to our stays in other areas in northern Michigan and the UP. Our group unanimously agreed that we needed to vacation in Indian River this year and a MAJOR reason was due in part to this cabin and all of its amenities!!! We are already counting down the days until we can return to this beautiful location! Thanks Doug for everything. Our family thoroughly enjoyed our time at your cabin! Aug.2016
7.Sledding Wonderland! I have been bringing a group of guys to the Indian River area for 10 years and finally fell into the gem known as Sidell's Sturgeon River Log Cabin. Very comfortable, superbly decorated (truly made you feel "up north") all the amenities plus! Great access to the trail system, bonfire by the river was a highlight even with sub below temps! Thank you Doug for allowing my group to stay in your beautiful cabin which will now be part of our annual trip. Kurt M., January 25, 2019
8 Doug,Thank you again for renting your beautiful cabin to my group! We were in the Indian River Area for 2 consecutive snowmobiling weekends. We could not have asked for a nicer setup than your cabin. The location to the trail, and to town were fantastic. We look forward to coming back every year! Brandon Wrobel - Multiple weekends in January 2019
9.Doug, There were seven adults in our group who stayed at your cabin on a much-anticipated vacation to Michigan. Your cabin was perfect! We loved sitting on the deck every day, made S'mores at the firepit, took side trips to Petoskey, Harbor Springs, Mackinac Island, and enjoyed various restaurants in Indian River. The weather was wonderful. The cabin was very clean, provided privacy for all, and there was plenty of room in the kitchen for food preparation.We all agreed that this was a fantastic place.Thank you, Doug, for having such a beautiful property and sharing it with us. Five stars! Marilyn 7/19
6224 Rainbow Lane
Indian River, MI 49749
See this location on Google Maps
704-794-8740 If you call, mention "Rent Michigan Cabins". Visit website (if listed) then return and send your inquiry.
My name is Doug Sidell and I have a passion for life and for what I do! I'm first a child of God and second a real estate broker and investor. My primary residence is in Denver, NC. I graduated with undergraduate and MBA degrees from Michigan State University and absolutely love following the Spartans in basketball and football. My wife and I have three kids that are gift from God. Thanks for reading and for considering our cabin for your family's trip to beautiful Northern Michigan - our home-away-from-home!